Date: January 18, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
Location: 9770 Patuxent Woods Drive, Columbia, MD 21046
Click here for Agenda
The Howard County Housing Commission is governed by a seven member board appointed by the Howard County Executive and confirmed by the Howard County Council. Each Commissioner serves a five-year term. The Board represents a broad spectrum of housing industry expertise and community interests. The following contains brief biographical profiles of each Commissioner.
- Regina D. Stone-Mitchell, Chairperson, was re-appointed to the Board of Commissioners on November 2, 2015. Ms. Stone-Mitchell currently serves as Executive Director of the York Housing Authority. Previously, Ms. Stone-Mitchell served as Senior Director of Operations at the District of Columbia Housing Authority; Director of Property Management at the Housing Opportunities Commission of Montgomery County, Maryland; and Executive Director of the Housing Authority of the City of College Park, Maryland. She was a member of the National Housing Policy Committee for the National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials. For five years, Ms. Stone-Mitchell was President of Maryland Association of Housing and Redevelopment Agencies after relocating from Ohio, where she was the Property Manager for the Cincinnati Metropolitan Housing Authority.
- Elizabeth S. Homan, Vice Chairperson, Commissioner, was appointed to the Board of Commissioners on December 5, 2016. Ms. Homan is the Executive Director of Public Relations and Marketing for Howard Community College. She formerly served on the board of the Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless, currently serves on the board of Camp Attaway, a Howard County-based summer camp for children with emotional and behavioral disorders. She formerly served as the Director of Communications of Montgomery College.
- Jacqueline Alexander, Commissioner, Jacqueline Alexander serves as the director of development for The Community Builders, Inc. Mid-Atlantic region, a position she has held since March 2014. Alexander directs the real estate development activities and manages the project management staff within the Mid-Atlantic region. Alexander holds a Master of Science degree in urban policy analysis and management from the Robert J. Milano Graduate School of Management and Urban Policy at the New School in New York City. She also received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Binghamton University in New York. She has served on numerous nonprofit boards within the community development and social services fields.
- Donzella Curtis, Commissioner, was re-appointed to the Board of Commissioners on October 5, 2015. Ms. Curtis has operated as a Learning Disability Consultant in Maryland for 17 years. Before working as an event planner and motivational speaker, she served as Program Coordinator for Howard Community College in Columbia, Maryland. For two years, Ms. Curtis also served as President of the Ellicott City Community Empowerment Association.
- Ian Kennedy, Commissioner, was re-appointed to the Board of Commissioners on October 7, 2013. Mr. Kennedy previously served as Deputy Chief of Staff for former Howard County Executive Ken Ulman, shaping and influencing governmental policy, communications plans, as well as the development and implementation of a digital communications strategy. He now serves as Executive Director of the Downtown Columbia Arts and Culture Commission. He headed up communications for The Horizon Foundation from 2012 to 2015.
- Carole R. MacPhee, was re-appointed to the Board of Commissioners on November 4, 2013, following a 25-year career with the Columbia Housing Corporation. Throughout her career, Mrs. MacPhee led the growth and expansion of the Columbia Housing Corporation, serving as Property Manager, Senior Property Manager, Vice President and then, Executive Director. Shortly after her retirement from Columbia Housing Corporation in 2008, Mrs. MacPhee was appointed to her first five-year term as a Commissioner.
- Christopher W. Oxenham, Commissioner, was appointed to the Board of Commissioners on July 31, 2015. Mr. Oxenham is a chartered financial consultant who operates an independent financial advisory firm in the Baltimore/Washington D.C. area with over $80 million under management. Mr. Oxenham is a graduate of the University of Maryland’s Smith School of Business and formerly served on the Howard County Economic Development Authority.
Board Meeting Schedule for 2018 (dates are tentative)**:
Jan 18 - Feb 20 - Mar 20 - Apr 17 - May 15 - Jun 19 - Jul 17 - Aug 21 - Sep 18 - Oct 16 - Nov 20 - Dec 18
**The Board generally meets on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 6:00 p.m.