|Commissioner||Term Ending Date|
|Elizabeth S. Homan, Chairperson||September 2024|
|Jacqueline Alexander, Vice Chairperson||September 2022|
|Regina D. Stone-Mitchell ||September 2020*|
|Donzella Curtis||September 2020*|
|Ian Kennedy||September 2023|
|Paul Casey||September 2023|
|Patricia Warr Marshall||September 2025|
*Serving until appointment of successor.
The Howard County Housing Commission is governed by a seven member board appointed by the Howard County Executive and confirmed by the Howard County Council. Each Commissioner serves a five-year term. The Board represents a broad spectrum of housing industry expertise and community interests. The following contains brief biographical profiles of each Commissioner.
- Regina D. Stone-Mitchell, Chairperson, was re-appointed to the Board of Commissioners on November 2, 2015. Ms. Stone-Mitchell currently serves as Executive Director of the York Housing Authority. Previously, Ms. Stone-Mitchell served as Senior Director of Operations at the District of Columbia Housing Authority; Director of Property Management at the Housing Opportunities Commission of Montgomery County, Maryland; and Executive Director of the Housing Authority of the City of College Park, Maryland. She was a member of the National Housing Policy Committee for the National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials. For five years, Ms. Stone-Mitchell was President of Maryland Association of Housing and Redevelopment Agencies after relocating from Ohio, where she was the Property Manager for the Cincinnati Metropolitan Housing Authority.
- Elizabeth S. Homan, Vice Chairperson, Commissioner, was appointed to the Board of Commissioners on December 5, 2016. Ms. Homan is the Executive Director of Public Relations and Marketing for Howard Community College. She formerly served on the board of the Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless, currently serves on the board of Camp Attaway, a Howard County-based summer camp for children with emotional and behavioral disorders. She formerly served as the Director of Communications of Montgomery College.
- Jacqueline Alexander, Commissioner, Jacqueline Alexander serves as the director of development for The Community Builders, Inc. Mid-Atlantic region, a position she has held since March 2014. Alexander directs the real estate development activities and manages the project management staff within the Mid-Atlantic region. Alexander holds a Master of Science degree in urban policy analysis and management from the Robert J. Milano Graduate School of Management and Urban Policy at the New School in New York City. She also received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Binghamton University in New York. She has served on numerous nonprofit boards within the community development and social services fields.
- Paul K. Casey, was appointed to the Board of Commissioners on May 4, 2020. He is a retired partner of the law firm Ballard Spahr LLP where he was Co-Leader of the firm's Housing Practice Group. During his 23 years at Ballard, Mr. Casey concentrated his practice on real estate finance and public finance transactions, with an emphasis on affordable housing, public housing law, and federal housing programs. Much of his practice was in the area of mixed-finance public housing development and he was actively involved in negotiating and closing hundreds of such transactions across the country. Additionally, Mr. Casey previously served as President of the Columbia Downtown Housing Corporation, a member of the Howard County Housing and Community Development Board, and as Principal Counsel to the Maryland Department of Economic and Community Development.
- Donzella Curtis, Commissioner, was re-appointed to the Board of Commissioners on October 5, 2015. Ms. Curtis has operated as a Learning Disability Consultant in Maryland for 17 years. Before working as an event planner and motivational speaker, she served as Program Coordinator for Howard Community College in Columbia, Maryland. For two years, Ms. Curtis also served as President of the Ellicott City Community Empowerment Association.
- Ian Kennedy, Commissioner, was re-appointed to the Board of Commissioners on October 7, 2013. Mr. Kennedy previously served as Deputy Chief of Staff for former Howard County Executive Ken Ulman, shaping and influencing governmental policy, communications plans, as well as the development and implementation of a digital communications strategy. He now serves as Executive Director of the Downtown Columbia Arts and Culture Commission. He headed up communications for The Horizon Foundation from 2012 to 2015.
- Patricia Warr Marshall, was appointed to the Board of Commissioners on March 2, 2020. Ms. Marshall possess over 25 years of experience in banking, education, and real estate. She has held various positions with large commercial banks, including NationsBank and Bank of America. Additionally, Ms. Marshall has worked for the Howard County Public School System and is currently a Business Advisor with Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses and a Financial Well Being Coach with a national non-profit organization.
Board Meeting Schedule for 2021 (dates are tentative)**:
Jan 19 - Feb 18 (Thu) - Mar 18 (Thu) - Apr 20 - May 18 - Jun 15 - Jul 20 - Aug 17 - Sep 21 - Oct 19 - Nov 18 (Thu) - Dec 21
**The Board generally meets on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 6:00 p.m.